Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let it snow

Heavy snow fell on the Boston-area last night. We sent home the Black Duck employees based in Waltham at 2:00. Pure gridlock occurred all over the Boston area. There were 3,300 snowplows, salters and sanders on the roads (according to WBUR) at the same time that everyone left work and headed home. Abandoned cars abounded along Storrow. I left the office at 3:30 and drove head-on into gridlock. It took me 4 hours and 39 minutes to get home -- the same trip usually takes me 30-40 minutes.

My wife Susana took this picture shortly after I got home. More than 12+ inches of snow fell today over the course of six hours (see photo on left).

1 comment:

fwl said...

As it is said, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow," not in December however how about May?